Updated table at waltleaguepremier.blogspot.com/p/table.html
Updated playoff odds at www.sportsclubstats.com/You/WaltLeague.html
Updated playoff odds at www.sportsclubstats.com/You/WaltLeague.html
Updated BIFA Spirit Cup odds at http://www.sportsclubstats.com/You/BIFASpiritCup.html
First things first, I want to make you folks aware that on Saturday, April 16 at the AutoZone Park in downtown Memphis, the good folks of some organization will be putting on the Memphis Brewfest 2nd ed. I went last year and I must say that I agree with the review in the paper as a good time was had by all. You can find info at its website - http://www.memphisbrewfest.com. I actually ran into the Guard Diddly Dog and his litter mate, Signore Beerguts, last year and both seemed to have enjoyed the gathering. I'll assume GD will attend again this year and since he has totally ruined the Stadio Gallina Derby by suffering 6 humiliating and crushing defeats in a row (all competitions), I'm going to bring a lawn chair and hold court near the warning track in center field while I make him fetch me beers. It's the least he can do for, among other things, drafting stiffs like Gretar Steinsson. Anyway, check it out as there are lots and lots of good beers. Buy your ticket and it's all you can drink. You can't beat it, especially when you have your bitch blazing a trail between the Marathon and Estrella booths for you.
On to Round 28 - in a battle of the top two teams in the league, FMAC capitulated like like the proverbial Dog named Guard as Chapala took one giant step forward to lifting the coveted Supporter's Shield. Frumundacheese and Stevie G made great strides to clinching playoff spots with victories. Wins by WAGS and Beerguts puts them in a battle for the 6th and final spot. They face each other in Round 29, which should go a long way in determining the final spot. Memfrica and BIFA (shocker) were mathematically eliminated from competition. However, Memfrica, unlike BIFA, has not embarrassed itself totally and completely as they have progressed to the final of the Coppa di Walt, showing, as holders, its true mettle. The 1st of 4 leg begins this weekend. A berth in next season's Europa League awaits the winner.
The BS Cup resumes this weekend as does the Pro Cup, where Frumundacheese, Stevie G and UR Pathetic are still proudly carrying the Walt League flag. FMAC bowed out of the Europa League after having a memorable run to the round of 256. If not for some ill-timed injuries and bull shit DNP-CDs to the likes of van Persie, then who knows who might have been.
Oh yeah, I guess I would be remiss in pointing out the fact that the BIFA All-Stars are on top of the FA Cup table. Tits to that!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment